To ensure CALE provides the highest possible level of resources to the communities we serve, membership will be limited to persons who:
- Are licensed to practice law in the State of California;
- Are in good standing with the State Bar of California;
- Maintain a practice where a significant portion of their cases touch on educational issues;
- Represent families and students;
- Have been practicing for at least five years;
- Have had at least 100 cases involving educational issues; and
- Are referred by a current CALE member or satisfactorily complete an interview with a CALE board member.